Lutz Hendricks - UNC - Department of
Preparing for Econ691H during the summer
It is a good idea to get a head start on the thesis process. If you have time during the summer, use it!
- Read a couple of theses to get an idea of what is expected.
- Read journal articles in areas you find interesting in order to expand your thesis topic ideas.
- Talk to potential advisors to narrow down your topic. I can point you in the right direction.
- See finding an advisor for more info and a list of economics faculty members by field.
- Pick a software package and learn it.
- See the FAQ for info on software.
If you have a reasonably specific topic in mind, talk to me. I can point you to potential advisors and help you to refine the topic.